Sant'Emiliano is a great example of excellent Barbera d'Asti. The qualification Superiore reflects its superb quality, which starts in the vineyards. Much reduced yields per vine and hand selecting grapes during harvest, then carefully vinifying them and ageing the wine in French oak barrels for a minimum of 18 months. Terroir, the best viticultural practices, sound vinification techniques and time are needed to deliver an exceptional experience to wine lovers. Starting in 2007, Sant'Emiliano acquired the DOCG appellation, the highest ranking among Italian wine.
- Alcohol: 13.5%-15% alc. by volume
- Suggested Serving Temperature: 18-20 °C/65-68 °F
This wine's structure allows for a very long ageing period, at least 15 years. The bottle should be stored in the dark at a constant temperature of 15 °C/59 °F in a horizontal position.
This "Haute Cuisine' wine it suitable for beef, game and grilled meats, aged cheeses. It can also be appreciated as a meditation wine.
- Color: Deep ruby red with violet reflections when young, showing a garnet rim when aged.
- Bouquet: Intense and complex with hints of red berries and spices. Jordan almonds & licorice.
- Palate: Savor this aristocratic and well balanced wine, with its long and elegant finish. Generous and round on the palate, with a chocolate cake in the middle and white pepper at the finish. Delicious and with great persistence.