Valmorena is a pure expression of Barbera grapes vinified in stainless steel vats only. This gives a natural, fresh and fruity nose to the wine, typical to the grape. Barbera is THE grape of Monferrato, dwelling well on the sunny hillside of this region and delivering promising and enjoyable wine.
- Alcohol: 13%-14.5% alc. by volume
- Suggested Serving Temperature: 18-20 °C/65-68 °F
An excellent structure allows this wine high quality for up to 10 years. The bottle should be stored in the dark, at a constant temperature of 15 °C/59 °F, in a horizontal position.
Drink this wine during the entire meal. It is particularly suited to red meats, steaks, game and fresh and aged cheese.
- Color: A deep ruby red hue
- Bouquet: Intense with notes of violet and maraschino (pronounced 'mara-SKEE-noh) cherries. Rich middle notes nostalgic of dates and figs.
- Palate: Powerful and fresh. White pepper and chocolate. Balance with a persistent finish.