This is our Pinot Noir, a vine that is an uncommon choice for Piemonte's viticulture. For us, however, Pinot Nero is very familiar and has been in our terroir for over 150 years, since the time of our ancestor, Leopoldo Incisa della Rocchetta. Leopoldo was one of the first wine scientists in the late 1850s who, after a journey to Burgundy, brought back Pinot Noir vines and began to cultivate them on the hillside of his Rocchetta Tanaro vineyards. Since then, we have always felt very confident with this most aristocratic of all the wines. Our Marchese Leopoldo bears the name of our ancestor, who dedicated his life and passion to the study and improvement of Piemonte viticulture.
- Alcohol: 12.5%-13.5% alc. by volume
- Suggested Serving Temperature: 16 °C/61 °F
This wine's excellent structure allows it to express itself for 15 -20 years. The bottle should be stored in the dark, at a constant temperature of 15 °C/ 59 °F in a horizontal position.
This wine is ideal for refined dishes. Excellent with pork, chicken, shellfish, fish and dishes with simple sauces.
- Color: Ruby red. With age it tends toward a garnet hue.
- Bouquet: A nose of great complexity, typical of the varietal of origin. Intense, persistent and refined, with notes of ripe cherry, tobacco and spices.
- Palate: A dry, round and harmonious taste with a medium body. Well-balanced. Savor the subtleties of pomegranate, chocolate & wild berries. Well integrated, followed by a long and elegant finish.